Sonendo, Inc. is a privately-held, venture-backed company with a unique mission to lead the transformation of endodontics through Sound Science®. We are currently building a high-performance team with a passion for creativity and innovation that is committed to collaboration and integrity. We believe our success is based on always being at least one step ahead of our competitors, and we strive to achieve excellence in our products and services by attracting energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are committed to this vision.
Senior Research Scientist develops research plan, designs experiments, outlines research procedures to be followed, and identifies and/or provides training to subordinate personnel to carry out research. Responsible for development of dental materials from conception to execution.
This is an Evergreen requisition designed to gather a talent pool for current or future open positions. It is a way for Sonendo to build a network of qualified, interested candidates for a specific job function in order to expedite the hiring process when there is a need to fill that type of role. By applying to an Evergreen requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within Sonendo. In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen requisition, we encourage you to utilize our "Connect with us" feature so you can be alerted when positions in your areas of interest become available.
• Develop and execute solid technical approaches to support key product initiatives and business strategy, and develop products or technologies, which meet product performance, quality, and timing requirements.
• Support all phases of product development, including design control, packaging, documentation development, data generation, performance verification, etc.
• Plans schedule of research according to company’s or contracting organization’s timetable and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to meet project timetable.
• Provide technical support for Regulatory, Marketing, Operations, Customer and Technical Service, Quality Assurance, etc.
• Trains research associates. Conduct periodic reviews, creates action plan to address any necessary performance improvements.
• Prepares technical reports and papers of completed projects for publication in technical journals, presentation to regulatory agencies or at conferences, or use in further research activities.
• Draft patent applications, technical market support literature, industry presentations and publications.
• Participate in decision making regarding research priorities of company or department and provides input on feasibility of prospective projects.
• Proven ability to communicate across the enterprise, as well as various groups such as Regulatory, QA/QC, Supply Chain, internal customers (Marketing, Customer Service, Sales) and external suppliers (raw materials and service suppliers) using oral, written and electronic media.
• Conducts research using laboratory equipment, computer resources, and institutional libraries.
• Participate in Design Control Activities, adhering to applicable internal procedures, and external regulations and standards
• Perms related duties as assigned.
• Provides technical direction for junior team members. Responsibilities include training, planning, assigning, and directing work.
· Ph.D. in Organic / Polymer Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or equivalent and minimum 2 years relevant experience.
· Experience with biopolymers, hydrogels, bioresorbable materials strongly preferred.
· Previous dental materials experience preferred.
· Familiarity with FDA / ISO medical device requirements is a plus.
· Must have demonstrated skills in seeking, evaluating, developing and introducing innovative class 2 medical devices.
· Must have demonstrated ability of leading a highly skilled team with a bias for innovation.
· Demonstrated fact based reasoning and problem-solving skills in both business and technical situations
· Experience in a start-up environment preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Ability to follow safety requirements per training and work with biological specimens
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time
· Manual and visual ability to comfortably work with small parts or specimens, e.g. as small as 1mm
· Standing, walking and meeting activities are required frequently throughout the workday
· Employee must be able to process paperwork and utilize office equipment (including computer, phone, etc.)
· Normal sight or corrected vision is required to read documents and use standard computer terminals
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be encouraged to innovate continuously; This is a place where you will be encouraged to actively participate, and your ideas can have a direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters, please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer